Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DIY: Chalkboard Frame


Keeping organized is never an easy task. If you're a visual person like me, a great way to keep schedules, appointments, and lists sorted is to display them in a conspicuous way. Crafting your own chalkboard frame is a chic and easy way to create an appealing piece on which to display all of your daily 'to-do's.' A thrifted frame and a few coats of chalkboard paint are among the items you will need to create your own chalkboard frame to display anything from your weekly schedule to your favorite quotes. And in true Postgraduette fashion, this project was super affordable: in total, I spent about $25 (frame for $20, supplies for about $5).


To create my frame I used a thrifted picture frame, blue painter's tape, a paint brush, black acrylic paint for the board, and chalkboard paint for the board (I opted not to paint the frame white after all and instead, kept the antique, stippled look)


First, I taped off each of the edges of the frame that touched the board


Then, I painted two coats of black acrylic paint on the board as a primer layer


Let the paint dry completely


Over the dried acrylic paint, I painted a layer of chalkboard paint


The finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment